Konnect are currently recruiting on behalf of a client that has been operating since 1987, they have delivered an extensive portfolio of distinctive and responsible housing projects that are underpinned by sustainable development.
The Design Coordinator role covers all aspects of design from pre-construction through to the construction phase. You will manage your own projects to successfully deliver the technical coordination and design management of both residential and care projects on design and build contracts.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Fully investigate Value engineering opportunities.
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
- Assist in the production of a Contractor's Proposal document.
- Assist with the appointment of external consultant teams and manage our design process via external consultants, chairing all Design related meetings.
- Verify & control status of consultants and sub-contractors’ drawings and specifications.
- Drive innovative and cost-effective solutions into the design.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale and ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
- Review sub-contractor design proposals.
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities are met.
- Co-ordinate technical, design and external client issues for the construction team.
- Manage document control for the team, RFI schedules and tracking documents.
- Manage and coordinate quality assurance.
- Technical circulars and update colleagues on the changes to Buildings Regs, Code, SBD etc.
- Oversee applications and coordinate with BREEAM consultants.
The ideal candidate
You will have a true passion for design and construction, be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. You will be able to influence and manage external consultants in a professional manner and be capable of working in collaboration with the wider team. You will show initiative to get things done, will actively manage your personal development, seeking opportunities to progress and learn and share your experiences with your team.
· CAD software and a clear understanding of REVIT/BIM
What we offer
· Annual holiday allowance 26 days, increasing to 27 after 3 years and 28 after 5 years (plus bank holidays)
· Pension scheme – 5% matched contribution (minimum of 4% employee contribution/4% employer)
· Training - we recognise how important your career is and will therefore support you in your professional development.
· A beautiful head office, surrounded by the countryside, with ample parking.
What else you need to know about this role –
· Scope to work from home too.
· Reports into the Design Manager.