Konnect are currently recruiting for a Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a local Civil Engineering firm, based in Winchester. Our client specialises in Civil Engineering, ground-works, Demolition, Remediation and Soil treatment.
Our client is expanding due to demands of up and coming projects. across both the commercial and residential sectors.
- Measurement, pricing, and evaluation of tenders
- Assist the process from contract award through to final account agreement
- Cost management
- Administration of sub-contractor accounts
- Involvement in producing and submitting applications for payment
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Assist variations, ensuring only authorised variations are undertaken.
- Understand construction issues, drawings and works. Ensure projects have all current drawings/ up to date information to work from
- Understand procurement and its impact on job cost/performance
- Assist with valuation of completed work
- Relevant Qualification (e.g., HNC /HND/Degree/Diploma) preferred
- Relevant experience as an Assistant QS (1yr +)
- A background of working with sub-contractors in ground-works.
- Proficient computer skills particularly in excel.
- General knowledge of contracts/ contractual terms
- General reasoning ability and ability to take on new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Possess good skill with numbers and strong mathematical ability.
- Ability to gather and analyse information skilfully.
- Good negotiation skills
If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please don't hesitate to contact Claire Spiers at Konnect Recruit.