I have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a client of mine based in Basingstoke, they are an established Specialist Subcontractor looking to expand their Commercial team and can pay up to £60,000 plus package for the right candidate.
Applicants must be able to carry out the full QS role from estimating and tendering to Final Account settlement, including material and sub-contractor procurement/control.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Compile detailed estimates from BoQ’s or Taking Off from drawings
- Finalise estimates & tender submissions with management & commercial colleagues
- Prepare interim valuations and agree final accounts, track the certification and payments
- Identify & document delay, disruption, extensions of time etc., & agree values
- Procurement of sub-contractors including detailing scope, agreeing prices/rates and producing sub-contract documentation
- Manage sub-contract accounts including, validation of progress payments, value variations and agree final accounts
- Work with the production staff to ensure that the financial and commercial aspects of the project are understood and managed well
What we are looking for:
- Recent experience in a similar role
- Strong negotiation and commercial management skills
- Knowledge of construction technology, processes and materials
- Have an understanding of the various building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- IT competent
- Valid driving licence
Salary and benefits:
- Salary up to £60,000 depending on experience
- Plus benefits
- Progression Opportunities
If you are interested in this role please apply!
If you would like to discuss it further please contact Claire Spiers at Konnect Recruit on 07566788058 or email Claire.email@example.com