- £45,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
- Car allowance
- 5% pension
- Private medical
- 22+8 holiday
- Death in service
Konnect recruit have teamed up with a highly reputable Building contractor based on the South Coast who are in the market for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their already established team.
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the cost element, general procurement, cost analysis and cost-effective running of the contracts from receiving the preliminary information from the office to final handover to the client.
- Assist the Senior Surveyor on contracts and projects;
- Undertake site visits as necessary;
- Ensure the re-measurement of works is undertaken;
- Ensure the highest standard of record keeping at all times;
- Assist the Senior Surveyor with the procurement of sub-contract packages;
- Produce an accurate procurement schedule that enables materials to be bought at the best price and are acquired on site to achieve the requirements of the programme;
- Ensure works installed or constructed are to the relevant standards of the specification, planning and building regulations;
- Ensure the amount of work carried out meets with the requirements of the programme;
- Ensure wherever possible the labour is adequate, and agencies are used as a last resort;
- Sign all timesheets and invoices on each project and ensure the labour time charged relates to the amount of cost / productivity allocated to the work;
- Assist with the valuation and payment of sub-contract packages;
- Assist with the management of the company valuation submissions including materials on site;
- Assist with cost value analysis and produce accurate financial reporting;
- Manage positive cash profiles;
- Support production colleagues in all aspects of contract administration;
- Demonstrate the highest standards of health and safety at all times;
- Develop good professional relationships and demonstrate an understanding of the importance of building positive future business opportunities.
- Assist the Directors with any ad-hoc duties.
Quantity Surveyor Specification
- Degree in Quantity surveying
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a quantity surveying role
- Computer literate